As part of Melbourne Knowledge Week and Melbourne Architecture Annual, BiomimicrySwarm Australia is partnering with the Victorian Chapter of the Australian Institute of Architects and DesignInc to host a multi-disciplinary panel discussion on what Melbourne can learn from nature to create a sustainably regenerative and generous city.
This event also goes under the banner of Raising the Green Bar, an ongoing series of activities to raise awareness of sustainability, organised by the Sustainable Architects Forum and sponsored by Bank MECU.
Jane Toner, architect, Australia’s first Biomimicry Specialist and founder of BiomimicrySwarm Australia will chair the multi-faceted panel, that will consist of:
- Suzette Jackson, Director of Innate Ecology
- Leigh Baker, Director of Balance 3
- Stephen Webb, Design Director at DesignInc
- Jeff Robinson, Global Sustainability Leader at Aurecon
- Ian Shears, Manager of Urban Landscapes at the City of Melbourne
- Ed Cotter, Head of BioRegional Australia
There will be refreshments and networking after the panel discussion for the conversation to continue.
Date: Wednesday 29th October, 2014
Time: 6 – 8pm
Place: Deakin Edge, Federation Square